Sunday, April 12, 2015

K.E. 2

More from the Kingdom Experiment....
From Mia Fulson:

I recently finished a bible study titled "The Kingdom Experiment".  This study was based on the Beatitudes.  I always expect to gain new insights and to be inspired after a study.  This study made me ask myself: "why did I wait so long?"

I had projects to doing over the 8 weeks.  Some were easy and some were "safe".  I wrote a letter to a hurting friend, I donated to a program in another country for a good cause, I simply noticed people more who tend to be invisible in my community, and baked cookies for nearby construction workers.  This was to make the kingdom a better place.  It did far more than that.

It changed me!!  I am learning to be kinder, more patient, more compassionate, less judgmental, and more interactive with strangers.  I am definitely more intentional and determined to brighten someone's day.

Why did I wait so long?  Why have I missed these opportunities before? Why wouldn't I want to be more kind?  Why can't I love others more?  There is no excuse, but I have been blessed with this NEW chance to do it NOW!!  It requires me to slow down, sometimes be inconvenienced and get uncomfortable.  It has been worth it. 

So readers, who or what needs your attention?  Have you waited too long?
Who needs your encouragement? Who in the world needs a hug or an act of kindness?  Who can you compliment and make feel special?

Go out and make this Kingdom a better place.  I promise - you will bring a smile upon our heavenly father's face.


No comments: