Friday, April 24, 2015

friends

One of God's greatest gifts in this life is the gift of a friend. 

My whole life I had one friend at a time.  Grade school, one friend.  Jr. High, one friend.  Sr. High, one.  College, one.  On and on this went for years.

Then I moved to Woods Chapel and I found many, many friends.  Church friends, mission friends, softball friends, neighbor friends, staff friends, and bowling friends.  Today I can tell you that I have won the friend lottery.

I am learning also that my son is moving from the world of father/son, to the world of friendship.  This is a great gift that has provided me with much joy.

Friends, laugh with you, cry with you, and maybe they help you move.  To have a friend is to have a treasure indeed. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: