Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Florida

Rumors are swirling about the Brinkmans.  Are Jeff and Cathy separating?  Are they moving?  Ahh the suspense, ahh the intrigue.

Ok here is the scoop.  Tell anyone that asks to read this blog.  I am growing weary of explaining this over and over.

We are downsizing.  We are selling our home.  My wife is changing jobs.  She used to travel in her work and she is returning to the road.  We had a weekend marriage for 7 years in the past from 2005 to 2012 and we are returning to that life.

We are buying a retirement place in Vero Beach, Florida.  Cathy will be there two weekends per month.  We are also renting a home in the Deerbrook neighborhood in Lees Summit.  [near the LS Hobby Lobby] I will live there and Cathy will be with me there two weekends per month.

One week per month, not necessarily including a Sunday, I will visit her on the road.  Maybe I will travel to Cleveland, or San Antonio or Florida, where ever she is working that week.  We did this when she traveled for 7 years.  In this modern age you can load up your cell phone and lap top and work from anywhere.  Sherri Swanson says that I am the most productive when I am away from the office.

I will turn 58 this year.  I plan on working til I am 65.  If Woods Chapel and the Bishop want me to stay here, I am pleased to be the pastor at Woods Chapel for 7 more years, after that, I need to get out of the way and let someone younger take the reigns.

I am not leaving.  We are not getting a divorce.  All is well.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: