Wednesday, April 15, 2015

K.E. 5

From Barbara Bass:


How many people do you meet on an average day?  Do you bother to even say hello?  I mostly go through my days ignoring the people that I encounter on a typical day.  Christians are to be the salt and light of the world.  It is our presence in this world that can make all the difference.  If we are silent and fail to engage the world in conversation, then we have little impact.


I can't help but regret all the nice things that I have left unsaid.  All too often I am quick to criticize, but oh so slow to compliment.


In my busy world, people are just blurs that pass me by and I think nothing of them.  I wonder how different the world would be if I just started a few conversations, just randomly and casually, being very intentional about saying more than hello to the people that I see.


I was recently involved in the Kingdom Experiment class where studying the true meaning of the Beatitudes drew you closer to not just seeing the image of God in people, but to see them as God does.  As we shared each week the outcome of our experiments, we all grew in our quest for a missional lifestyle, opening our eyes and hearts to those in the everyday mundane living.  Even though the class has ended, I have truly walked away with an alertness to the opportunities to engage with strangers, purposefully, with the goodness of Jesus in me.


Can a person plan a story for their own life and live it intentionally?


Join the next edition of the Kingdom Experiment class tonight at 6:30 with Dave Hackett or Sunday morning at 9:05

No comments: