Thursday, November 26, 2015

A prayer on Thanksgiving Day

Dear Father,

Thank you.  On this day that our culture has set aside for giving thanks, we want to thank you.  Thank you for flowers, for trees, for the warmth of the sun and the stars at night.  Thank you for the cold weather that makes me appreciate Spring.  Thank you for my friends.  Thank you for every person that has ever loved me.  Thank you for the feeling of goodness that I have when I see a friend.

Thank you for relatively good health.  Thank you for the ability to see, to hear, to taste and smell.  Thank you for all of the things that are going on in my body with out my knowledge:  digestion, breathing, and rest at night.  Thank you for the way that my body parts work in concert, all at the same time to perform various tasks.

Thank you for the stress that I feel and the problems that I have.  Although I sometimes wish that they would go away, they actually keep me grounded in prayer.

Thank you for the food that we are about to consume.  Please bless it.  May none of it go to waste, and as we enjoy our bounty that you have provided, may we be ever mindful of our friends around the world who will not have a feast today.  Motivate us to bless them, help us to hear your call to take a cup of water in your name.

Father, give us a heart that longs for you.  Give us a heart that sees the good.  Give us a heart that believes that in spite of the current news, this is our Father's world.  Thank you for all that you are, and all that you do.

Thank you so much for everything.  Thank you Father.  Amen

No comments: