Sunday, November 1, 2015

All Saints Day

Today, November 1st is All Saints Day.  It is traditionally a day when Christians remember those loved ones who have gone before us.

This month, I am going to mention thankfulness or gratitude on every post, every day.  I am going to force myself to find something to be thankful for.  It should not be that hard.

Today, among many other things, I am thankful for my Parents.  They were not perfect.  They were children of the depression.  They had a hard life.  They wasted nothing.  They did not tolerate  anything that smelled like disrespect.  Boundaries were kept very firm between a parent and a child.  Questions were frowned upon.

But, they loved us, they cared for us, they fed us and they protected us.  They got us through college and they survived our craziness.  [we were children of the 60's and 70's]

They gave me a chance at life.   I know that they loved us and if they had the chance today would tell us that they are proud of us.

I hope that you have parents or mentors that helped launch you.  Although not perfect, where would we be today without them?

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.

No comments: