Thursday, November 19, 2015

sleep

Today I am thankful for sleep.  I covet sleep.  I wish I was better at it.  What a wonderful gift it is to sleep.  During sleep our minds solve problems.

Last week I was upset about something and somehow, in the middle of the night, it got resolved.  The argument in my brain about the situation was healed.  I love it when that happens.  I woke up, and I just knew that it would be ok, and it turned out that it was!

To sleep is to rest, and resting is good.  Sleep renews us for another day.  On a related note, I love the notion of laying your head down on the pillow with a clear conscience.  It is so nice to go to bed, considering your life, and feel happy that all is well, or at least that you have made the best choices possible.

May you and I go to bed on time, fall asleep right away, and snooze all night.  May God grant us the gift of sleep [not during the sermon.]  I am thankful for the gift of, the miracle of sleep.

It's a beautiful day and night in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: