Wednesday, June 15, 2016

change

A friend shared this with me. I posted it three years ago. It seemed timely to share it again.

I have resisted change with all my will
Cried out to life “pass by and leave me still”
But I have found as I have trudged time’s tracks
That all my wishing will not hold life back
All finite things must go their finite way
I cannot bid the merest moment “Stay!”
So finding that I have no power to change, change
I have changed. And this is strange
For I have found when I have let change come
The very change that I was fleeing from
Has often held the good I had prayed for
And I was not the less for change – but more
When I accepted change and was not loath
I found change is the seed of growth


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: