Monday, June 6, 2016

rocking chair

I used to see "old" people sitting on the front porch in their rocking chairs.  I used to think that it was sad that when you get "old" all you have left to do is sit on the porch and rock.

Next year, if I live to see it, I will be 60 years old.  Oddly, I am starting to appreciate the thought of sitting on a porch in a rocking chair.

Imagine it- no responsibilities, no worries.  Just watching life go by and savoring it all.  Holding the memories close and smiling over the ups and downs.

I don't own a rocking chair, but I may have to buy one.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A nice thought. Love rocking chairs. But be careful what you wish for. So many times by the time you reach the rocking chair stage, you find yourself with aches and pains that make it a little difficult to get up out of the rocker to make it to your doctor's(plural) appointments.

Not fun, but true. Wishing the opposite for you, and that you'll feel great when enjoying a much deserved relax a bit stage of life.