Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pain

Oh my the pain that we humans carry.  I have witnessed so much pain over the years.  Honestly most of it are things that I have heard from others.   My problems seem so small when I listen to what is really going on in the lives of others.  I commonly hear things like this:


  • I have never felt loved.
  • My spouse cheated on me.
  • I don't love my spouse.
  • I wish I could get a different job, a different spouse, different parents.
  • I am ugly.
  • I am a poor provider.
  • I am going to have to work until I die.
  • My self esteem is in the tank.
  • I hate myself.
  • I have considered suicide.


Oh my, the pain that we find in this life.  What do you do with thoughts like this?  If you have them, please know that you are loved.  Please know that you matter very much.

Some years ago in a sermon, I asked if there was anyone here today that needed a hug.  At every service, hands went up.  I can't fix everything, but I can love you and I can hug you.  You are wonderful.

Keep going.  Life can get better.  Put your best foot on the floor and keep going.  God loves you and life is still good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: