Thursday, June 9, 2016

Last Day in the office

Today is my last day in the office at Woods Chapel.  I am off on Fridays and Saturday is, well, its Saturday.

I have been so blessed to call this place home for 22 years.  I have been so blessed to know and work with so many wonderful staff people.   Some of my closest friends are on this staff.   I have been so blessed to know so many wonderful members as well.

When I think of you, I am rich!!  I am full.  I am fulfilled.  Thank you so much for all of the years of grace and love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be assured that to the degree, or even more, that you have been blessed, you have been a blessings. God doesn't put people together by accident.

My dad used to say that the mark of a good leader is not in what the leader accomplishes while on his/her watch, but in the kind of people he/she leaves behind when they move on.

Most of what we do around Woods Chapel will continue to be done because of your vision Jeff. You have taught those around you so much and they'll keep doing it because they have taken ownership in doing things well.

And in a much shorter time period, when you leave your pastorate at Cape Coral you will have left more good people behind who will keep ministering because Jeff had the vision and compassion to teach and inspire them to do so.

God bless.

Alice said...

Wow Jeff! From our perspective, we think WCC has been the blessed, fortunate church to have you for 22 years! That is an amazing accomplishment. Thank you for giving so much to all of us. You have helped so many of us be better connected spiritually. Thank you for all the wonderful sermons each & every Sunday, straight from your heart!! What a gift!!!

We wish you well, and Cape Coral is getting the best of the best.

Alice & Ken Weinand

Anonymous said...

I have been applauding your decision ever since you made it - it's right and now, it's time. I will be streaming the 10:10 service so be sure and say hi to the "web" folks - you know as well as any of us life is fluid and physical presence is not always possible but the heart knows where it belongs. God bless YOU for all you have done and will continue to do. Thanks for the moments in my life - it mattered.