Thursday, August 11, 2016

Happy Birthday to me!

When the kids were young, mom bought things for my birthday and said that they were from the kids.  She bought them, wrapped them and I knew that what ever it was was really from mom.

When they got older, the started giving me gifts.  Socks, a shirt, a tie, etc.  A few years ago, I stumbled onto a truth.  I don't want any more socks or ties.  What do I want for my birthday?  What do I want for Christmas?  I want you, my children, to take me to dinner, or to a concert or something, just you and me.  Just us two. Not all the kids, not the fam, just you and me.  Dad and kid.

Last week, I got my birthday present from Jenny.  A trip to Tropicana Field in Tampa to watch the Royals play the Rays.  The Royals lost badly, but I won.  It made me so happy to spend the time with my daughter.  If you have adult kids, stop asking for socks and underwear.  Ask them to take you somewhere.  You will be glad that you did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: