Saturday, August 27, 2016

hurt

We all hurt.  We hurt because we are lonely.  We hurt because we are experiencing change.  We hurt because life has not turned out the way that we had hoped.  We hurt because we miss people.  We hurt because sometimes people that are close to us are not nice to us.  [this is not true in my case.]  We hurt because our parents are dead.  We hurt because we got cut from the baseball team.   We hurt for 10,000 reasons.

So what to do when we hurt? 

1.        Hurt is normal.  Sometimes we have to get used to it.  There is no such thing as a life with out pain.  It is a part of life.  James said, “count it all joy my brothers and my sisters when you fall into trials of various kinds, because the trials of this life help you to grow.”
2.       Hurt is often a sign of love.  If you did’t care about a thing, you would not hurt.  Your team lost?  You hurt.  Someone else’s team lost?  We don’t care.  Random people die and we don’t even know.  But when our loved ones die, it hurts.  Hurt is a sign of love.
3.       You have a choice.  You can lay in your hurt.  Many people do.  I certainly have before.  Or you can be determined to rise above your hurt and celebrate that you love things that have not gone your way. Remember when you Dad was alive and savor it.  Remember when your team won.  Remember when things were different.  Life is random and it includes both joys and concerns.  Savor it.  Love it.  Live it.

I want you to know that I care about your hurt.  I care that you are suffering.  I wish I could fix it all.  But sometimes we have to still look and see the good.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, even with hurt.  Be sure to see the good.



No comments: