Friday, August 19, 2016

Wind Chime

I love this little wind chime.  It has been in my family for years.  I don't even remember where it came from.

At the Newbury Court house it hung on the back deck.  At the Oaks Ridge house it hung in the screened in porch by the hot tub.  Oh so many nights I sat in that old hot tub and heard the wind blow the chimes.

At Uncle Jay's house on Deerbrook last year it hung again on the deck.  By the way, I love Uncle Jay.

Over the years the wind chime's strings have broken and I have rebuilt it twice.  I found some small string and restrung it.  I did it again last week.  Now is hangs proudly at the parsonage in Cape Coral.  A reminder of every night it rang in the past and every home it hung in, a reminder of every friend who sat nearby.

It is interesting how certain things that we have just make us happy.  Its a small wind chime, it might go for $1 at a garage sale, but it is full of cherished memories for me.  Come over and see it some time.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how those little things make us happy!