Tuesday, August 2, 2016

wasp

Once you have had an encounter with a wasp you tend to fear them.  A few years ago I had left my swim suit outside to dry.  I put it on and hopped into the hot tub.

Yikes.  I got stung up on my thigh.  A wasp had crawled into my swimming suit!  They make me nervous to this day.  So I was sitting outside at the patio table under the screened in porch [lanai].

I have no idea how the critter even got in through the screen, but he zoomed right past my head and landed on my wallet which was on the table.  I popped up out of that chair in a flash.  Then I watched as he crawled into my wallet.  Seriously!

I threw a towel over the wallet and pounded on it for 5 minutes.  Then the real fun began.  Was he dead?  Was he alive?  Was he mad?  Was that a bad idea?

I took the towel off very carefully and spread it over a chair.  I carefully opened it up.  No wasp on that side.  Now turn it over.  Remember he could be anywhere...... Carefully spread it out.  No wasp on that side.

So now lets pick at the wallet.  I pushed it with the grill spatula.  I grabbed it and pried on it with the tongs.  I spent 15 minutes looking at the wallet for the wasp.  I put it in the freezer for an hour, then I took everything out of it.

No wasp.  Not in the wallet.  Not on the towel, not on the patio floor.  It is the story of the incredible vanishing wasp.  I hope I find him someday, before he finds me.  If you live in Cape Coral, be careful there is one really mad wasp out there somewhere.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are funny! Take a simple wasp and turn it into a 7 paragraph story to give a smile for the day.