Wednesday, December 21, 2016

hurricane Mary

I mentioned Mary in yesterday's post and it reminded me of this picture from Hurricane Matthew.  My family had decided to hole up in Vero Beach, and the stores were out of everything on the East Coast.  So since I was in Cape Coral and supplies were available,  I made a list and started loading up the car.   Tarps, generator, cases of water, propane tank, gas cans, anything that I thought we might need.

The car filled up and I had to pile some of the stuff on and around Mary.  I hope that she did not mind, but the flammables ended up right next to her.  I jokingly asked that she would protect us and keep us safe, even though I put gas and propane next to her.  I'm sorry I just think it turned out funny that she was packed in with that stuff.  She usually has the seat to herself.

Anyway, we all lived thru the hurricane so Mary did her job.  It's a busy time of year for her so I am going to take good care of her this week.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No worries. Mary is familiar with carrying a heavy load.