Monday, December 5, 2016

the essential part of the equation



Piggybacking on yesterday's post. The essential part of Christianity is learning to die to one's self. We fight this tooth and nail. After spending our entire lives learning to stick up for ourselves, we one day wake up to the invitation [which has always been there] to put the heart of God first...... Before me, before my will, before my comfort, before any of us, should come the desire to love others.

The scriptures are full of invitations for us to die to self. Romans 12:10 says

"Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another."


What are ways that we prefer others? What are ways that we honor others? Here are some that I can think of:

1. drive as if they have a right to be on the road too.
2. let them go before you at the grocery store.
3. let them pick where you go to eat.
4. hold back critical comments
5. assume not that I am right, but that I may be wrong about them.
6. see difficult people as dearly loved by God.
7. let them sit in your pew
8. smile and say hello to everyone.
9. leave a bigger tip

There are 10,000 other ways to honor others. Please add to the list. I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, ok That's not too complicated I can do it