Tuesday, December 20, 2016

wreck

Last Thursday about 3 pm I was driving on highway 80 just outside of Labelle.  There was a pretty good amount of traffic, and per usual, everyone was jockeying for position.  We were coming up to a stop light in front of the Walmart and I moved over into a lane that was clear and thought, "now I'm in the clear." 

The only problem was, the light was red.  Suddenly I realized that I was in the middle of the intersection and people were turning left in front of me.  I jammed on the brakes.  Thankfully I wasn't going that fast, and was able to stop.  Horns were honking at me, and rightfully so.  Everything that was not tied down came flying up towards the front of the car.  Thankfully, Mary was buckled in and she was not hurt.

The people behind me had watched in horror and had left room for me to back up onto my side of the intersection.  I looked around at some of the the other drivers and mouthed "sorry."  The light changed and we went on.  I was glad that this error did not result in a crash and I was glad that it was not witnessed by law enforcement.

But I thought to myself...........  I am always talking about paying attention, and look at me... I totally spaced off.  I was completely out of touch with what was happening in that moment.

We need to pay attention to life and not get sidetracked.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, so thankful it all turned out well. Did you tell them that Mary was back seat driving, so it was her fault? (Smiles) Glad you're okay.