Wednesday, December 28, 2016

washing your hands

I was washing my hands the other day.  I remembered how my wife taught me after she went to work at Children's Mercy Hospital, that if you don't wash your thumbs too, you aren't washing your hands.

Anyway I was washing my hands the other day because I had picked up some stuff from the parking lot and my hands were gritty.  How delightful it was to turn on the faucet and squirt the soap out and clean my hands.

Then it occurred to me:  many people around the world, maybe even most people, do not have the privilege of washing their hands as we do.  The lack of water, the lack of clean water and the absence of soap would all keep one from washing their hands as we do.

I paused to thank God for the simple gift of washing my hands.  We take way too much for granted.  I thank God for the gift of water and soap.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never realized how important proper hand washing was till I began volunteering at the hospital. Thank goodness for our abundant, Good, clean water