Thursday, December 29, 2016

no hurry


How old do you have to be to start seeing that things are moving too fast?

In the movie Shawshank Redemption the character Brooks, who had been in prison most of his life, gets paroled. One of his first observations was, “I can't believe how fast things move on the outside. I saw an automobile once when I was a kid, but now they're everywhere. The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.”

My dad use to say things similar to that and now I catch myself with similar thoughts and comments. I drive to work and watch cars blow past me left and right and my speed is above the limit. I didn’t use to see that in the past. Maybe I use to drive faster or maybe I am just slowing down.  My brother retired a couple of years ago. He is in a slow and easy mode now. To know him before you might think something is wrong with him, an illness perhaps. But in reality he is just taking it all in. He is investing himself and his time in others. Not a bad way to spend retirement. Not a bad way to spend each day!

Peace,

Lion’s Den Man

No comments: