Tuesday, December 27, 2016

worry and trust

Worry and trust are mutually exclusive.

If I ask an adult who has lived in a town a long time to go to the grocery store for an item, I don't worry about it because I trust that they can manage it.

If I ask a brand new 16 year old driver to make his first solo trip in a car to go to the grocery store to get me something, I am going to worry because I don't really trust that they can get it done right.

So when we worry about things in our life, what are we saying about God?  God you are inept.  God you don't have what it takes.  God you aren't big enough.

Worry and trust are mutually exclusive.

God is big enough to manage the thing.  He cares about it all as much or more than you do.  Don't worry, trust Him.  See him as able.  See him as big enough.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean that we are to trust that God is in control and every thing is planned and managed for us?

Anonymous said...

Trust n obey could be my theme song to reach for to get rid of alot of doubts n insecurities I know this belittles the God he is