Wednesday, June 8, 2022

I am going to hurt you

"I am going to hurt you."  Gosh, it hurts to even say such a thing.  But in effect, that is what we do, whenever we take sides.

You are of the other political party so I am going to snub you. [hurt you]  You are not my race so I am going to ignore you. [hurt you]  You are not of my social status, so I am going to scoff at you and think that you should work harder. [hurt you]  You cut me off in traffic, so I am going to do the same to you.  I am going to do to you what you did to me.  [hurt you]  You didn't call me back soon enough so I am going to ignore your call when you do call back.  [hurt you]  You have a different theology than I do so I am going to shun you and shame you.  [hurt you]

Isn't this all so silly.

Jesus did not hurt people.  The only time he got into someone else's grill was when he was trying to get the Pharisees to stop hurting people.

I think it would be interesting to take an audit of our attitudes towards those who are different than we are.  Are we drawing lines of separation?  Are we ignoring them?  Are we sending negative messages?  Are we trying to get them to leave?

What would Jesus do?  We should stop hurting people.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to do the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 

No comments: