Saturday, June 18, 2022

Scars

Scars.  We all have them.

I have them on my knees from accidents and surgery.  I have a few more around my old carcass from surgeries.  I have them on my face from the removal of things that the dermatologist thought needed to go.  As we grow older, I think that we collect more scars.  Sometimes it feels like scars upon scars.

Stop.

Yes, I can acknowledge that line of thinking, but I don't want to let those thoughts dominate my world.  Yes there are wounds and scars, but there are also good and beautiful things in life.

Sure, a friend may have moved away. A loved one might have passed. Finances are tight. The news is worrisome.
But, we should remember...

I woke up today.
I can see
I can hear
I can walk
There are people that love me
I can still make friends
The sun has come up
There is still plenty of beautiful things in God's world, and that is what we need to focus on.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 

No comments: