Wednesday, June 1, 2022

What Jesus really taught

When I consider the actual teachings of Jesus, I wonder how good of a Jesus follower I am.  In fact, if we are honest with ourselves, I think we have to wonder if we have not compromised much of his teachings for our own comfort.

"Do not lay up treasure on earth."  Yet we Americans fret over whether or not we have enough.  Do they do tis in Nicaragua?  Or do they just hope for food for the day?

Love your enemies.  Turn the other cheek.

Give to those who ask you... {the man on the street corner with the sign?  No surely not him!}

Do not worry.

Do not judge.  [but those people are wrong!]

All quotes are from Mt. 5-7 from the sermon on the mount.  The core of Jesus' teaching.  I say these things to simply say that I think it is important from time to time to question and/or challenge what we are thinking and how we are living.

We can all afford to be more generous, more forgiving, less judgmental and less worrisome.  I believe that Jesus followers strive to be such.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 

No comments: