Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Happy Birthday

Today if I wake up, I am 65 years old.

Wow... how the time has flown by.

At 25 I was in seminary.  At 35 I was an ordained minister.  At 45 and 55 I was raising children and pastoring at Woods Chapel.

The last ten years have seen some massive changes.  Changes to my career, to the proximity of my friends, to my list of beliefs [the list has gotten shorter.]  Changes to my body.  Changes to how I think.

These days, I am having more good days than not.  Mostly because I am taking better care of myself, and I work hard at seeing the good.  

I no longer think in terms of what the next ten years will hold.  I no longer take it for granted that I will be here ten years from now.  I tend to think more day to day.  Day by day.  Each day, if I wake up... see the good and show kindness to every person that I can.

I hope to do that today, and if I can, then it will surely be a happy birthday.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: