Tuesday, July 12, 2022

We need to be there for others

Our choice...

We have a choice to make every day.  Do I let my day, my attitude this day, be dominated by the difficulty in my life, or do I work past it to see the good.

My children are in trouble from time to time.  My granddaughter lives a long way away.  My knee hurts.  The economy is tough on us now, as it is on everyone.  My car is acting up.  And those that know me well know that I have other, deep, unfortunate hurts.

We have a choice every day.  Let the bad things dominate us, or focus on something else.

I work hard to focus on the good.  It does not make the difficulties of life go away, they are still there.  But if I let them dominate me, I am unhappy and I am no good for myself or for anyone else.

All day long I am going to meet people that need a happy Jeff.  They need a kind Jeff.  They don't need a Jeff that is so lost in his stuff that he is a mess to them.

We need to focus on the good, and not the bad because others need us to be positive and constructive.  We need to focus on the good because we don't want our attitude to be dominated by the negative.

Let's bring glory to God, let us celebrate his goodness in the midst of our trials.  Let us find the joy and see the good.  It is much more constructive way to live.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: