Saturday, July 30, 2022

You are welcome here

I saw this sign in the yard of a United Methodist Church in Lincoln, Nebraska.


Now, imagine church row in a typical town.  8 churches of various flavors in a line down Church Street.  Imagine that 7 of the 8 have this sign in the yard.  One of the 8 does not.  I wonder how they would feel?

Maybe they would finally get it.  Maybe they would think, "We are the ones that don't welcome everyone.  We are the ones that judge.  We are the ones that think we know better.  Our bible does not approve of this kind or that kind."

Where do you want to go to church?

I want God to offer grace to me and accept me, warts and all.
I want God to offer grace to everyone and accept everyone. Warts and all.
I want to do the same.

You are welcome here.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: