Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Partnering with the world

Yesterday I discovered a phrase, "partnering with the world."  I think that there are many of us that would fight that phrase because as Christians, we were taught that the world was bad.  Over the years I have come to reject the idea that the world is bad.  I instead, have come to believe that this is our Father's world. 

Consequently, once we realize that we are not in charge, we can learn to "make friends" with the difficulty.  Whether it is a bad knee or a bad relationship, we can go on in life with joy, even though the world is not aligning itself to make me happy.

I have a friend who has an enormous heart and is an enormous soul.  This person was once upset because they had to go in for a surgery.  Now, no surgery if fun, but I suggested to this person that they find their bigger self.  That they could and would overcome this obstacle [and they did.]  I suggested that this was a chance for them to go in and bless the person at the admitting desk.  To bless the people in the operating room.  To bless the people that took care of them afterwards.  My friend was able to do this.  Big souls see hurts for what they are and set them aside for the larger good. 

Joy is bigger than the circumstances at hand.  Release yourself from the specifics and see the bigger picture.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: