Sunday, July 24, 2022

look, just there


One of my former seminary professors, Bob Tuttle, lives in Vero Beach.  We have breakfast about once a month or so.

A few weeks ago, I went to pick him up.  I was standing in his living room, waiting for him to get ready.  I was looking out the living room window.  He has a lovely view of the intercoastal.

I noticed a man in a rowboat.  WOW!!!  I loved it.  Look, just there, a man in a rowboat.  My brain went from waiting for Bob to being enthralled with this moment.

What was the man feeling?  How lovely the weather must feel out on the water this morning.  The ocean breeze.  How nice it is to feel the muscles in my arms pulling on the oars.  Oh, the sea birds!  Oh, the splash of water!!!

Look, just there.  Look, just there, there is something beautiful, something amazing.  Let your day be interrupted with the beautiful.  It is all around us if we open our eyes.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: