Saturday, January 19, 2008

loneliness

Last night I was thinking about someone who was reading this blog. I prayed for them. I thought about how they feel lonely. Many people do. Surrounded by family and friends that love us, sometimes we still feel lonely.

"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?" Psalm 13:2

Life has its moments when we are down, when we are "off." When I was a young man, such times really bothered me. Now, being a not so young man, I understand that there are going to be times like this. Almost everyone experiences times of sorrow. Often for little or no reason. It is like the time of the valley is here and you just have to go thru it. It's not the end and it is not forever. Weeping may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning. God always turns the world for us if we just trust in him.

Even in times of trouble, "I trust in your unfailing love, my heart rejoices in your salvation." Psalm 13:5

If you are lonely today, look for the good, it is still there. It may be cloudy, but the sun is still there.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: