Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall

Fall is here. Or will be here soon. Fall is my favorite season. It is the joyful cooling off after the heat of summer. The air is crisp, the grass grows back in, and you can sit outside again.

My Dad used to say that he hated fall because everything died. I understand that, but after the heat of summer, it sure is nice to have everything cool off.

I talked to someone last week who moved back here from California because they wanted to have the four seasons. Many in the midwest think that they would like the California weather, but then after a while you just miss what we are used to. There is a blessing to the cadence of the seasons and I am glad that summer's back has been broken.

So this is some of the best weather of the year coming up. Let's be sure to enjoy it. Slow down. Take it in. Give thanks.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: