Friday, September 24, 2010

surrender

So in my rambling post yesterday I was quoting a song. One of you, in a comment, added on to the words of the song. One of the words in the song that I did not get to, but you did, was surrender.

I immediately thought of this book that I give to people who are grieving. Usually a divorce or a death in the family. The book is titled, "Holding onto hope." It is an excellent book that someone gave me after my father died in 2002. We have given away hundreds in the last ten years. It is available in the church bookstore.

Here are the chapter headings in the book:
Loss
Tears
Worship
Grattitude
Blame
Suffering
Despair
Why?
Eternity
comforters
Mystery
Submission
Intimacy

The book describes a persons journey through grief to the heart of God. I am going to read it again. If you want a copy, let me know. It is really good.

It is still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I don't know what it is that causing you pain and sleepless nights. But it's not necessary to know to be able to pray for you.

I am thinking I will need to pick up this book. I thought that after a little over four years I was past the pain and anger of my divorce. Then something will happen and it all seems to come back. If this will help me with dealing with those issues, then for mine and my daughter's sake, it will be a good thing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Tonia