Sunday, September 19, 2010

pithy and perfect

Thank you to the young shepherd who posted last week while I was on vacation with my wife. I am always inspired by the shepherd and I know that you are as well.

Vacation. I caught three sharks and enjoyed my favorite part of the country. More on that later.

Pithy and Perfect. Sometimes I have posted blogs that were pithy and perfect. Just do this and everything will be ok. Here it is, like this, it's good. You're ok.

When I post like this I always feel what I am writing and I usually get a few comments from folks who do not feel pithy and perfect.

Today, I am one of those. Many of you know that I have a concern that is on my mind and is eating my lunch about every other day. So last night, I go to bed at 10:30 and wake up at 3:15. Sometimes you just have things on your mind.

The nice thing about not feeling perfect or pithy is that these are the times when we can really trust God. You get up and keep going. You pray harder. You lean on the Father's shoulder.

And that is the beginning of a beautiful day. Be sure to see the good. I am working on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still praying for the object of your deep concern. God blessed my life yesterday, with an opportunity to connect to and minister to someone in your same circumstances. Someone loosing the same kind of sleep. God is still God, even in the gnawing kind of pain you and this other servant are going through.

Anonymous said...

Your long time friend is always there for you ..if you ever need to unload.