Monday, September 6, 2010

labor day

So what do you do on labor day? The office is closed, but I go up to church to clean up a few things. And what do I find there?

Volunteers. Wonderful volunteers. Someone is working in the giving garden. A couple of guys are working on a retaining wall. Someone else is running a tractor working on a couple of projects. It is not an organized work day- people are just up their loving their church.

I look around the grounds and remember. I remember when there was no grass, no flowers, and only a few scrub trees. Today I look and there is beautiful grass, plants, flowers, gardens and trees. Six separate garden areas. Over 50 trees that we have planted. Beautiful. And it all happens because people care about their church enough to work to make it beautiful. thank you!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: