Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Growing points

Following yesterday’s post, I got to wondering what are the topics that I have chased over the last 18 years as pastor at Woods Chapel.  In other words, if you have attended church here all these years, what are the things that I have been going thru that you would have heard me address in sermons?  What are the things that you would have been invited to join with me in the great journey of life? 

Here are some of the things that I have seen myself think about and grow in over the years:
  • Evangelism- that God calls us to reach others
  • Hospitality – making others welcome
  • Inclusivity – all must be welcome
  • Missions – the growing awareness that we must live outside of ourselves
  • A guilt based or a grace based faith
  • Seeing the good.
  • Awareness – being awake in life
  • Compassion for the Homeless and the needy in general
  • Learning to be thankful and grateful
  • Choices about what our children will be involved in
  • The loss of loved ones
  • Overseas missions trips
  • Absorbing the pain of losing friends
  • Finding daily joy
What have you been thinking about these last 18 years?  What are you thinking about now?  Where are your growing points?

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you missed the big one.... Love (especially the 'unlovable')