Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Job

I have a bookmark in my bible at "Job 38-42". This book serves as a reminder to me of how much I do not know or understand and how big God is. With all that happens in our world that is beyond understanding I find comfort in having a God that I cannot comprehend.

Excerpts below of what you may have read before or of a book that you should consider taking the time to read...

The LORD Speaks 

38 1 Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: 2 “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? 3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. 4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. 5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? 6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone— 7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

42 1 Then Job replied to the LORD: 2 “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

No comments: