Thursday, December 22, 2011

lost dog

Well, I just about lost it all last night.  Such a simple thing.  Let the dog out to do his business and go to bed.  Well, the dog, Lou, went out and ran away.  Ten years old, that is 70 in dog years, and he went around the corner and just kept going.  Maybe he was chasing a possum.  Maybe he has doggie althiemers.

Either way, I am thinking about my wife who is in Florida, my son who is in Kentucky and my daughters who are downtown on a holiday night.  I am the only one here, and I lost the family dog.  Possibly the most important member of the family.

I have been up and down the street three times.  I have called for him.  I have promised a treat.

Finally, after I have given up, after I have made peace with explaining all of this to the rest of my family, I hear a little jingle.  It is Lou.  I find him, and he comes home.  All is well.  Disaster averted.  I am sure that he was unaware of the problem that he caused.

Oh, for the life of a dog.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And is this the same Lou that was for sale or give away last year? Glad one man's best friend is found. Time to tie a red bow on Lou's bell, and have him under the Christmas Tree when family members return.

Good dog.