Saturday, April 28, 2012

dying

I heard a story the other day about someone who was told that they had a terminal disease.  They were mad. 

I was once told that I had a terminal disease.  Fortunately, the doctors were wrong.  At the time, I was not mad, I was sad.  My children were still in school and I was very worried for them, and frankly, the emotions of such a moment are quite difficult to describe.

I guess I don't want to begrudge the feelings that anyone has when they get such news, but I want to ask a question- is there a time somewhere in the process when the message of Christ sinks in?  Is there somewhere along the way that we can find the peace of Christ?

I hope so.  It seems so odd to talk our entire lives about the hope of eternity, and then to be frantically fearful of it when it comes.  Here is the interesting part of this story- each of us will one day, get our moment.  We will all get our chance to portray how our faith has shaped us for our final moment.  We will all get the chance to go in fear, or "go in peace."

Until then, we have today, and let us rejoice in it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today's post reminds me of the old country western song. "Everybody wants to go to heaven, nobody wants to go now". How true!