Friday, April 6, 2012

sacrifice

Today we remember the sacrifice of Jesus.  We remember his suffering and death.  Although I don't believe that Christians should make use of guilt, I do think that sometimes we have to ask ourselves the hard questions.

Sacrifice.  What do we really know about it?  How often do I live sacrificially?  You?  In a culture that is rampant with the desire to find the easy way, Jesus sets the example of sacrificial living.

The neatest people that I know live sacrificial lives.  The times when I feel the best about myself is when I have set aside selfish ways and acted in a manner that was a blessing to others.

Thank you Jesus for giving your life for our sins.  Thank you for making a way for us to live in eternity in heaven.  But thank you also for teaching us that the greatest joy in this earthly life is when we learn to live for a purpose that is greater than our own.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I don't want to take away from your inspiring comments in your blog today, in that this is completely off the subject.

Last night at church, when I looked up and you're standing there with that guitar over your shoulder, I did a complete double take and enjoyed a big smile at that moment.

No fair hiding secrets about some of your talents not all of us are aware of. I had no idea you played the guitar. Enjoyable moment and a beautiful song all the guitarists shared.

I also wanted to commend the staff, or Wendy and Mark, or whomever plans these rich and unique worship experiences on special religious holidays. I'm always amazed at how fresh and meaningful these services are. Sherri did a wonderful job of portraying the meaning of Jesus' washing the disciples feet.

Do you still play the guitar for your own enjoyment?

A Maundy Thursday worshiper.