Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I promise to remember.....

I just remembered this story from my youth.

I was in the second grade and Mrs. Faber was my teacher and she got tired of me talking in class.  I guess I was in an extroverted mood that day.  Her choice of discipline for me was that I had to write this sentence out 100 times.

I promise to remember that my conversational proclivities are not beneficial or helpful, but are in fact hurtful and detrimental to others.

That was one long night at my house, but I learned how to spell some new words.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did she insist that you write it in your very best cursive hand, and spell out any new words, using phonetics?

That's a cute story. Glad someone tried to keep Jeff in hand.