Friday, April 13, 2012

New Sermon Series

It is a common thing to be online, to be plugged in and to be connected. In fact, every day I am online; I check Facebook and Twitter multiple times a day. Daily I am alerted of a new blog post by people who inspire me. Not only am I using social media in my day to day personal life, I am on these various social media sites as part of my job as Director of Communications here at Woods Chapel. I have so many ways and mediums in which to have relationships with people, yet daily, weekly…I neglect and take for granted the most important relationships. The real, tangible relationships. The relationships that happen when I step away from my computer and put down my cell phone.
This Sunday, April 15th, we are beginning a sermon series on doing life together. What a hard word to comprehend: together. Together isn’t easy, or maybe even our first choice….but it’s who we were created to be. Together with friends, together with family, together with God. How can we improve? What can we learn from one another, and from God? I’m excited to find out.

Join us this Sunday as we kick off the Relationships Series, taking place at 8, 9:05, 10:10 ( in the Sanctuary and Worship Center) and 11:15 a.m.

Skippy [a new contributor]

No comments: