Sunday, April 15, 2012

sermon notes

The evolution of sermon notes in my life time.

I started writing sermon notes out on legal pads.  I would stand a preach with the pages of the legal pad as my notes.  Later when we got a computer, the notes were printed on paper with holes on the edges by a dot matrix printer.  Then we moved to an ink jet printer.  Today the sermon notes are printed by a laser printer.

Today I can type them at home, email them to church and tell one of several printers to print the notes.  I can scan them and make them into a pdf.  They are entered into a sermon note blog so that the notes can be discovered and searched electronically. 

It is all pretty amazing.  Mind boggling actually.

Yet, over in the file drawer, there is still a hard copy of every sermon ever preached.  New School has still not completely replaced old school.  My what changes we have seen in my lifetime.

I hope to see you in worship today.  I will be in the sanctuary at 8, 905 and 1115, and in the worship center at 10:10.  Shawn has the sermon in the sanctuary at 10:10.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: