Saturday, February 15, 2014

in my next life

In my next life, I am going to have Saturdays off.  I won't have to make sure a sermon is ready or do anything for Sunday.  I will just hang out, mow the grass, grill out and go listen to some music downtown.  Then I will go to bed and sleep in.  I will wake up late and go to the late service.  I might even sing in the choir, who knows?   All of that is in my next life.

But today is here and it is not the next life.  It is this life.  So today there is a funeral.  Then there is sermon finishing.  Then there is relaxing.  Then tomorrow is Sunday.  When you are the preacher, it feels like Sunday comes 3x per week.

Ahh, I should stop whining.   I really don't have much to complain about.  You are a great bunch and I like being your pastor. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: