Sunday, February 2, 2014

patience

James 1 - Count it all joy, my brothers and my sisters, when you fall into trials of many kinds.  Trials such as these teach perseverance.  Let perseverance finish her work so that you might be mature and complete.  [Jeff Brinkman version]

So, it seems that if I am going to become mature and complete, I am going to have to learn to embrace my trials as part of life instead of fighting them.  I am going to have to understand them as something that God may use to help me grow instead of praying constantly for them to go away.

As long as we are fighting a thing, it is a great enemy.  As soon as we stop and make friends with it, the enmity goes away.  Some things we should fight.  Other things, are just going to be the way they are and we need to accept them and let them teach us and grow us into maturity.  So that in life, we are trusting Christ in all things.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good, even in the trials, for even there, God is working.

No comments: