Sunday, February 23, 2014

names

Forgive me for I have forgotten your name.  I try really hard, but my brain is full.  My brain is like an old computer.  There is way too much going on for me to remember everything.

You are valuable to me.  I want to know your name.  It takes me longer to learn names than it used to.  Please understand and please keep telling me your name.  Also, it would be really helpful if you would wear your name tags.  I feel smarter when people wear their name tags.  You don't have to be a member to have a name tag.  They are easily obtained by marking the spot on the bulletin stub.

Sometimes I know a person's name and I know I know it, but I just can't find it in my head.  Please be patient with me and keep teaching me.  I will one day soon look you in the eye and call you by name.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, how true to your caring nature that you want to be able to call people by name. I knew a pastor one time who forgot his wife's name when he was introducing folks to her in a reception line, so just be glad you remember Cathy's name.

For some crazy reason your blog caused me some memories of people, especially in entertainment, who had fun with the idea of people's names. Perhaps you remember these or others

"Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Ray Jay...."

And Bill Dana, comedian, "my name Jose Jiminez"

And I doubt you've tried to play this on your guitar, but Johnny Cash made lots of cash, with his guitar hit "A Boy Named Sue."

All in good fun.