Thursday, February 13, 2014

where ever I go

A friend used to sing in church, "where ever I go I see him...."   Sometimes that song is stuck in my head.  And I love the message.  Where ever I go, God is already there.  If I go to dark communist China, God is already there.  If I go to Cuba, God is already there.  In fact there are many Catholics in Cuba.  If I go to the jungles of Africa where no one speaks English, God is already there, and has been since the beginning of time.

Sure we should always be ready and willing to tell the story, but we will never go anywhere and take God there for the first time.  God is already everywhere that we go.

Take God into that employer that seems to difficult, onto the traffic on 291, into the DMV office?  God is already there.  When we recognize his presence, it feels good to celebrate who He is and what He is doing, instead of thinking that I am the only broker of God in the world.

God is doing more than I could ask or think.  He is at work in the world, everywhere, well before I was even aware of it.  Where is God working that you might not be aware of?  How does it affect your view of the people in a place when we understand that God is already there, and already at work?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: