Friday, May 23, 2014

beyond my control

There is a thing that is happening, and it is beyond your control.  You wish it were different, you wish that you could fix it, but you can't.  Welcome to the human race.

Each of us have a choice in life, to worry about what we cannot control, or to put the thing or the person into God's hands.  Worry will leave when trust in God arrives.

Worry leaves when trust arrives.  It sounds simple.  It might be.  But it does not seem that easy to me.  And so I keep striving to do right, to make a difference, and to leave the rest to God.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you Jeff. Most of us have been there, done that, and relate well to the feeling of frustration.

You are a person who tends to eventually come out of the tunnel of this stuff, back into the sunshine.

We have a family member who is going through this right now, with traumatic effects on their physical health.

God bless you and others who may be walking through these situations. I love time times in your sermons when you've said "if you say you have no problems, just wait. You will. We all do.

Love and blessings.