Friday, May 2, 2014

good memories

I have a radial arm saw in my workshop. A “Saw Smith” made in 1960. It was my fathers. It is one of many tools of his I now own since his passing. Every time I take on a new project one of his tools comes into my hand. It is impossible for me to do anything with a tool that does not bring a memory of my father. He spent hours in his workshop building all sorts of things and hours with both my brother and I passing along whatever knowledge we were willing to absorb. My skills and passion were never as strong as his but recently I have begun to spend more time enjoying and using the things he taught me.
 
Ami’s post on Wednesday led me to this post and to the thought of my legacy. I hope I have the kind of positive impact on my kids as my father had on me. It put me on a good path and I and grateful for what he was able to provide.
 
“One day you’ll be just a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.”  -  I like that….Thank you Ami.
 
Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

No comments: