Saturday, May 31, 2014

bicycle

Earlier this week, I took my first bicycle ride of the season.  I should have done this months ago, but we get so busy - you know?  It was great.  A six mile loop around the neighborhood at 630am.  This was my first outing on my new hybrid bicycle.  It is a 1996 model Giant brand bike that I bought off Craig's list.  Yes it has a big puffy gel seat!

I love bicycles and bicycle rides.  I am not sure why, but I always have.  My first job in 1972 was at a bike shop in San Jose.  I was president of the bike club in high school.  I once rode 120 miles in one day.  But, my first ride of the season this year.......only six miles, but it was great.  I enjoyed it so much.

I hope you have some things that bring you joy and get you some exercise.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Now that you're in bike riding shape, maybe you can ride from here to there. (smiles)