Wednesday, October 29, 2014

fuel

I give thanks for Richard Rohr and some other things I have been reading and listening too lately. I have been a little “flat” and searching for interesting and inspirational things to share. Yesterday morning a little fuel for my tank was provided by a talk given at the Men’s Gathering. One of the many good points for discussion brought up was a poll that listed Latin America having the happiest people as a whole. Hmmm. Go figure. With all we have here in the USA we aren’t the happiest! This stuck with me because the night before I was searching for something of interest. I was browsing through a favorite book of mine “How Big is Your God” by Paul Coutinho. I ran across this underlined piece of the book. Cool how stuff like this works…..

Coutinho writes, “Our addiction to possessions does not allow for any quality time with ourselves, our families, our friends, or the Divine. Lost in the mire of this material world, we lose sight of anything spiritual. We become so engrossed in our material possessions that we lose our identity as spiritual beings and our freedom to fullness of life.”

I guess less equals more. Speaking for myself only…I couldn’t agree more.

Peace,

Lion’s Den Man

1 comment:

Pam and Bill said...

Well said! So, let us talk about that and see where it goes!!